Employees are perhaps the most important part of every successful organization. Every organization seeks to have well
qualified employees properly matched with roles which best utilize their skills. Since many organizations are far too large for
executive-level management to have contact with the employee population, a human resources department is used to provide a connection
between management and employees.
Today's human resource management workers manage not only administrative tasks, but are now business partners that
consult to top management regarding strategic planning. They provide specialized knowledge of human resources as well as an extensive
understanding of organizational requirements and strategies.
Students in Argosy University's Master of Science in Human Resource Management degree program online will have an opportunity to learn
from accomplished faculty-practitioners who draw from their own professional backgrounds in delivering relevant courses rooted in theory
and practical application. Students in the MS in Human Resource Management degree program online will have the opportunity to learn to:
- Evaluate practices from any HRM sub-discipline, including staffing, compensation and benefits, employee relations,
training, and employee and organizational development, in terms of human and financial impact on the organization or work group
and in consideration of local, national, or global environments.
- Apply ethical principles, generally accepted business practices, and best-practice tools in making decisions about HRM
policies, practices, or initiatives.
- Provide accurate advice and counsel to appropriate stakeholders regarding basic employment law and apply this
understanding to internal HRM policy in specific situations, consulting appropriate experts when necessary.
- Implement and revise as necessary compensation, benefits, and reward programs that meet the strategies and constraints of
the work environment.
- Design and execute employee communication plans toward expressed business or organizational goals and in response to external
crises impacting the organization and its employees.
- Evaluate the skills and capabilities of individuals relative to specific organizational settings and counsel stakeholders
where organizational systems and processes are inconsistent with competencies of the existing workforce.
- Analyze a talent management or succession planning system for likely effectiveness in a given organizational system.
- Demonstrate the value-added contribution of human resource organizations and projects to decision makers outside of the HRM
- Employ effective strategies and techniques to manage a diverse workforce across varied economic, political and cultural
To review the technical requirements for this program, please click here.
Argosy University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, California, 94501, http://www.wascsenior.org)