24 September 2012
Argosy University, Online Programs in conjunction with The Education Foundation is proud to announce the Pay it Forward scholarship. Exclusively available to students enrolled in a full-time online undergraduate degree program, this scholarship will provide a total of six individual scholarships to qualified students:
- Two scholarships awarded in the amount of $500
- Four scholarships awarded in the amount of $250
The “Pay It Forward” concept states that small acts of kindness make the world a better place. Here at Argosy University, Online Programs, we believe that the “Pay It Forward” concept applies to our students, who are increasing their ability to contribute to society through their education. This scholarship is designed to recognize expressions of kindness as they relate to undergraduate students’ educational goals.
Recipients are selected according to the following criteria:
- Applicants must currently be in enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at Argosy University, Online Programs.
- Recipients will be chosen by the Argosy University Scholarship Committee. Recipients will be chosen from complete applications submitted by eligible students based on the following criteria:
- Financial need – Financial need is defined as direct cost of attendance minus financial aid for which the student is eligible for the coming academic year.
- Academic performance/potential – Students must have successfully completed at least 12 credits with a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Personal Essay – Students must write a 250- 500 word essay that describes how the student will “Pay It Forward” after completing his or her degree or how the student is currently “Paying It Forward”.
The application deadline is October 15, 2012. Students can find information on how to apply in the Campus Common.