29 October 2013
At Argosy University, we understand that getting your degree takes time, effort and dedication, and we want to provide you with the support you need every step of the way.
That’s why from day one, you’ll have a Graduation Team—your Admissions Representative, Student Finance Counselor and Academic Counselor—here to help you. Each of these people will be dedicated to answering your questions, encouraging you and guiding you along your academic journey.
Let’s explore more how each of these people help put you on the path to academic and professional success.
• Work with you to identify a degree program
• Explain and walk you through each step of the admissions application
• Answer questions about the student experience
• Discuss and identify your strengths
• Help you navigate the Campus Common for the first time
• Develop a personalized student success plan
• Assist with online orientation and your first course
Student Finance Counselor
• Serve as your financial advisor through to graduation
• Present and explain options for paying for your education
• Answer questions about tuition, scholarships, finances and more
• Determine what payment plan may work best for you
• Walk you through necessary financial paperwork
• Answer questions about your degree program
• Guide you in creating a course schedule
• Find ways for you to fit classes into your busy schedule
• Make study plans to help ensure your academic success
• Support you after your first course through graduation
Get started on your future today and learn more about Argosy University, Online Programs.
25 April 2012
Did you know that taking a placement test could potentially save you money and time by allowing you to complete your degree faster? Placement Tests like those offered at Argosy University, Online Programs measures students’ knowledge and skills in certain subject areas before their academic schedule is determined.
If students receive sufficient scores on the Placement Tests, they might qualify to receive an exemption for a course, such as introductory math, thus reducing the time and money spent on the path to graduation.
Besides the benefits described above, Placement Tests can also serve to be beneficial to students in other ways, including:
• Placement Tests are a great way to get “back in the habit” of going to school.
• Placement Tests allow you to familiarize yourself with the user-friendly online classroom environment that you will use for all of your classes.
The tests are usually only 25 – 50 questions and the results at Argosy University, Online Programs are automatically reported the school’s student information system, which can automatically update student schedules. There is no need to request scores to be sent to your school. All you have to do is enter the classroom and complete the tests!
To learn more about Placement Testing and to get started, contact an Admissions Representative at Argosy University, Online Programs.
See www.auprograms.info for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, federal salary data, alumni success, and other important info.
5 July 2011
There’s an exciting development happening at Argosy University – Online Programs! Beginning in July, undergraduate students can submit their professional experiences for evaluation to determine if those experiences can earn what are called “Prior Learning Assessed Credits.” These credits help to recognize the fact that it is not only through “formal” education that we learn, but it is also through the totality of our life’s experiences that we acquire our skills and knowledge.
Why is this so exciting? It means that students can potentially have a faster path to graduation – and save some money along the way – because Prior Learning Assessed Credits can be earned even while students are continuing to take courses at Argosy.
It works like this – if you have any certificates, licenses, or corporate training, you can create a portfolio of professional training. Portfolios require you to provide official proof of completion, clock hours, and course descriptions.
You should know that there is a $95, one-time fee for the assessment process. This fee will cover any and all credits assessed and awarded to you over the entire course of your degree program – meaning you can submit your experiences at any time and you’ll only pay the fee once. For example, if in your current career you complete a training course or achieve a new certification, you can submit that experience for evaluation – without incurring another fee – there is no limit on your ability to submit your experiences. This fee is also lower than fees for similar evaluations you will find at other colleges and universities.
Before doing any of this though, you’ll want to contact Argosy to learn more about the process, approved essays, and portfolio development materials.
With graduation being everyone’s ultimate goal, this is a wonderful development to potentially help students get there faster – and then get on with their career pursuits.